Monday, January 21, 2008

A Valentine Mini Photo Album

This is a mini photo album I made for my husband on Valentines Day last year. I used 3 1/2" coasters for the cover. All of the stamps and papers used are Stampin' Up! Many or should I say most of the sets used are now retired. The LOVE on the cover was a hostess appreciation set, "Love is a Great Thing". It is from the 2001 Winter Mini Supplement. This was one of my first Stampin' Up! sets and one of the many reasons I signed up that February to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. I used Craft ink on white shrink plastic for the love, cut it apart and then used my embossing gun to shrink it.
All the other stamping is done with our Classic Ink pads or Stampin' Write Markers. After stamping the images or sayings, I covered them with the Versamark Pad and then with Clear Embossing powder. After heat embossing them it left a shiny finish which will protect them for many years to come.

To make the inside pages I used a 12 x 12 sheet of Basic Black card stock. I saw this technique on The Scrapbook Lounge, on TV Weekly.com

You can see that I had pockets where I added special notes. The tabs for these notes are stamped images that I also did with shrink plastic.
Also used on many of the pages are Punches. These pictures were taken in those vintage photo booths that were everywhere in the 70's. You would go in the both, pull the curtain shut and get 4 photos for $1.00. As you can see, more shrink plastic!
On these pages I used the highlighting technique. I like doing this to help the eye be drawn to the main image. Punch out the image with a smaller punch then punch out a coordinating piece of card stock 1/8" bigger and then layer onto picture.
These were all pictures of me from larger 4 x 6 in prints. Again I used the 1 1/4" punch and then the 1 3/8" punch for layering.
On this last page, here's Me and Ted at Stampin' Up!'s Manager's Reception in Houston, Texas last year. He went to Leadership with me in January, 2007. We took in other sights of Texas while there which included the Alamo.

I hope you enjoyed this mini album and I hope you give it a try. The hardest part to this entire album was going through all the photos looking for pictures of me. I'm the photographer in our family and there weren't to many to choose from. I would love to here from you, and as always, would love to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to E-Mail me!








No comments: